We are delighted to confirm we are looking to hire a Junior Coach for the 2021 Season on a contract basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- To prepare, deliver and evaluate well-structured volleyball junior sessions programmes ensuring a high quality, enjoyable experience centred around the needs of the participants;
- Maintain appropriate planning and participation records;
- Complete risk assessments;
- Manage children’s behaviour to ensure a positive learning environment;
- To carry out duties in accordance with West Coast Beach Volleyball policies, including equal opportunities, child protection and health and safety;
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children to participate in sport and physical activity; and
- Assist with promoting West Coast Beach Volleyball products and services.
To be considered for the role we are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about working with children and young people;
- Driven to continually improve and achieve high levels of performance;
- An excellent communicator;
- Well-organised and adaptable;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Able to use their initiative;
- Honest and sincere;
- Willing to travel between venues; and
- Have access to their own vehicle and hold a driving licence.
Qualifications (minimum requirement):
- Experience in coaching volleyball (beach experience is preferred but not required); and
- First aid certificate.
This job is subject to receipt of an enhanced PVG disclosure and rigorous background checks.
We will support you in your personal development by providing you with the underpinning knowledge, skills and experience for the following:
- Opportunities to increase working hours; and
- Further professional development.
Working with West Coast Beach Volleyball
Junior coaching on Troon/Ayr Beach on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
- We estimate that sessions will be a total of 4 hrs a week, two hours per session.
- You will be paid £10-12/hr depending on experience.
Application deadline: 22/04/2021
Expected start date: 03/05/2021
Please send your CV to West Coast.